Business Analyst Team Lead
The Ignition Group is a proudly South African investment company focusing on Technology, Media, Telecommunications and Financial services.
Our employees are always at the forefront of business technology and we count on them to use their knowledge and skills, to move our company from strength to strength.
As a Lead Business Analyst your role will be to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analysing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. As a Lead Business Analyst, you will also be responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Show us what you know and we’ll return the favour. Work with some of the best minds in the industry.
Embark on a knowledge adventure with us!
Strategy & Planning:
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Lead and collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Leadership of the Business Analysis team
- Delegation, organization and priority management
- Mentoring, team building, goal setting and performance reviews
- Team performance measurements, and status and productivity reporting
- Conflict resolution
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Are you this person?
- Education and Experience: Degree in Computer Science or related field?
- Team leadership experience of 2+ years?
- Technical Proficiencies: Experience as Business Analyst or Project Manager?
- Communications Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with internal teams and management, and with customers?
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products?
- Agile SDLC experience?
- Requirements management and design skills?
- Workflow and use case design experience (Visio, Rational, UML, Signavio, etc.)?