Data Science Bursary Programme Overview
We are entering the 4th Industrial Revolution in which data specialists, software engineers and tech developers will be the conductors of the future.
Kicking off in January 2020, the Ignition Group will be launching a Data Science Bursary programme to train and recruit a team of Data Scientists.
- Successful students will have the opportunity to attend our next-generation training programme and become a leader in the field.
- Our programe is built on rigorous application; they will learn the theory, and be able to also cut their teeth on real-world problems using the latest tools and technologies and be shown the way by some of the best Scientists around.
- Through this accredited bursary programme they will learn to;
- Gather and visualise data
- Perform data manipulation and analytics on large datasets using various statistical tools and techniques.
- Apply statistical analysis to answer questions, making insights and information as actionable as possible.
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of the Data Scientist toolkit as well as a broad set of machine learning algorithms.
- Own and deliver on big data science engagements.
- Design best practice advanced data analytics delivery methodologies.
- Champion advanced data analytics with other senior stakeholders in a business environment.
- On completion of the bursary programme, they will join our data science team where they will work with the best people using cutting edge technology and exercise their skills in a fast-paced, global operation. They will collaborate with our commercial teams to solve real problems in the fields of digital marketing and customer acquisition.
What do they get?
- One-Year Full-Time Bursary
- National Certificate Qualification (NQF Level 5)
- Work on solving real problems with Global Brands
- Gain the most in-demand skill of the 21st Century
- A future with infinite possibilities
How did they get this opportunity?
- A matric/grade 12
- Above average mathematics skills
- A curious mind with a limitless imagination
- The ability to dedicate 12 months of their time and efforts to asking ‘what if?’ and solving mad problems on their own and as a member of a team
- What makes them stand out from the crowd:
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels
- Extraordinary levels of technical competence
- A computer science degree
- Work experience in a technical and/or data analytics environment.
The applications for the 2020 year are closed. Keep an eye on our website to follow this amazing journey and you could join us for the 2021 year.
View our FAQ’s about the programme here.