Mid-level Integration Developer
The Ignition Group is a proudly South African investment company focusing on Technology, Media, Telecommunications and Financial services.
Our employees are always at the forefront of business technology and we count on them to use their knowledge and skills, to move our company from strength to strength.
As a Mid-level Integration Developer you will assist us with all facets of integration architecture and implementation solutions including; API-driven design, software development patterns, and application development best practices. You should have a strong background in one or more enterprise integration tools such as; Web API, Rest API, Soap API, as well as good skills in software development lifecycle, messaging patterns, endpoint security, interfaces with internal and external applications, and database knowledge. In addition, you will be involved in the full cycle of project development, from requirements to delivery and support.
Show us what you know and we’ll return the favour. Work with some of the best minds in the industry. Embark on a knowledge adventure with us!
Technical Thought Leadership and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with business function area to fully understand and define system requirements. Make recommendations for technical solutions. Develop technical specifications and technical unit test plans based on these requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and make certain that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions with scrum team members to analyze business and technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution.
- Identify issues that will delay on-time delivery and assist in resolving them. Work with scrum team members to overcome obstacles and complete projects.
- Communicate with 3rd party software providers to get an understanding of external systems that integrate with internal systems.
- Ensure assigned project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Evaluate current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determine the impact to the business. Ensure that programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives.
- Work to determine the gaps between the business needs and what the system is capable of doing and maintain the scope appropriately.
- Design develop and modify programs, objects and processes to complete smaller projects as well as supporting larger complex projects.
- Work as a team member within the technology team and other departments to implement new or system changes.
- Manage all activities related to application and integration development.
- Follow established methodologies during system development and ensures systems adhere to the standards and procedures established by the technology department. Develop and maintain all system related documentation.
- Provide ongoing system and programming support in responsible area. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new and suitable applications and understands their potential uses as they relate to the functional area supported.
- Evaluate results and coordinates or makes modifications to improve system performance. Create test plans as required. Participate in application updates and upgrade projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Are you this person?
- Midlevel Integration Developer – Do you have a minimum of three years software development experience?
- Do you have experience with integration-based web technologies (Web API, Rest API, Soap API) for integrating large web-based software solutions and products?
- Have you worked with standard programming languages like C# and Java?
- Do you know software development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM) and design techniques (Entity Relationship Diagramming, Data Flow Diagramming?
- Can you master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment?
- Have you done any product development?
- Do you have a working knowledge of Microsoft technology (.NET, WCF, ASP.NET/AJAX, WPF, XAML)?