Project Manager Team Lead
The Ignition Group is a proudly South African investment company focusing on Technology, Media, Telecommunications and Financial services.
Our employees are always at the forefront of business technology and we count on them to use their knowledge and skills, to move our company from strength to strength.
As a Project Manager Team Lead you will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
Show us what you know and we’ll return the favour. Work with some of the best minds in the industry. Embark on a knowledge adventure with us!
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Leadership of the Projects team.
- Delegation, organization and priority management.
- Mentoring, team building, goal setting and performance reviews.
- Team performance measurements, and status and productivity reporting.
- Conflict resolution.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- The Ignition Technology delivery process is an Agile / Scrum / Kanban driven process that is continuously monitored for efficiency. The Project Manager Team Lead will work in conjunction with the current processes and delivery best practices to ensure projects are delivered effectively, on agreed time, on agreed scope and on agreed budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Are you this person?
- Proven working experience in project management?
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills?
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office?
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus?