If you love using a balance of your customer service skills and technical know-how, to help people solve problems and if you have a passion for fixing issues, this is the role for you!
The Scrum Master is responsible for making sure a scrum team lives by the values and practices of the scrum.
Team Management and Facilitation:
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to improve customers service.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Ensuring an increase in velocity of each sprint team over time and that each sprint team delivers within agreed velocity sprint.
- Improving on sprint estimation over time and close to 100% delivery of proposed sprint contents.
- Ensure that groomed backlog is up to date 100% of the time.
Are you this person?
- Are you Scrum Master certified?
- Have you completed your First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)?
- Do you have experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.