SQL Production Support
The Ignition Group is a proudly South African investment company focusing on Technology, Media, Telecommunications and Financial services.
Our employees are always at the forefront of business technology and we count on them to use their knowledge and skills, to move our company from strength to strength.
The SQL Support role will be responsible for daily SQL Server support for the development team. This role will include monitoring, support, standard service requests, as well as production support and maintenance of data changes via structured change request process.
Show us what you know and we’ll return the favour. Work with some of the best minds in the industry. Embark on a knowledge adventure with us!
- Support and maintain standards for the production database environments.
- Maintain the integrity of the production database environments, including performance, data and stability of the systems.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of data changes.
- Complete support activities in timely fashion.
- Monitor database related operation reports to ensure service SLAs are being met.
- Ensure all ZenDesk tickets are complete and accurate.
- Ensure all database schema changes are in TFS before UAT and production deployments.
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for the business.
- Assist in creating production and UAT deployment packages.
- Ensuring data security polices and processes are followed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Are you this person?
- Are you MSCA certified?
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, and or 2016, stored procedures, views, TVF/UDF?
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server Security?
- Good working knowledge on SQL performance and maintenance?
- Agile/ scrum using TFS?
- Working knowledge of SharePoint with Power View / Power Pivot, PowerBi Reporting?