Technical Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst you will be accountable for guiding the clarification of the business requirements, through in-work collaboration with the business stakeholders, vendors , and working within the MVNX Mobile team to ensure these are delivered effectively.
Show us what you know, and we’ll return the favour. Work with some of the best minds in the industry. Embark on a knowledge adventure with us!
Prioritise and Plan work activities within the MVNX Mobile Team
- Facilitate and participate in discovery/inception workshops to create a shared understanding of user needs and the potential technology solution required to deliver to these needs.
- Identify user journeys which map out how a user will go through the system.
- Work ahead of the team to get clarity on some (not all) requirements before the next iteration.
- Create relevant user stories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprised of product management, UX, technology, support, testing, account management and other subject matter experts to gather and analyses functional needs and user story requirements.
- Groom user stories through business interviews, workshops or procedures and map user stories ensuring they come together as a cohesive whole.
- Provide the Product Owner with key information for prioritisation and estimation.
- Facilitate and participate in iteration meetings (product backlog grooming, planning meeting, daily stand up, review meeting and retrospective).
- Obtain sign off during iteration review sessions.
- Manage the stories in (Azure Dev Ops/TFS) ensuring that all requirements are loaded as stories, ensuring the stories are assigned to epics.
- Support showcasing stories to stakeholders.
- Work very closely with user experience team to ensure that processes, wire frames and content are optimally intuitive to end-users.
Manage the Backlog for the MVNX Mobile Team and Development team when required
- Ensure that the activities needed to fulfil each item in the backlog are identified, outlined and prioritised according to business priorities.
- Clarify the goals and business value of Minimum Marketable Analysts/Minimal Viable Products.
- Clarify any ambiguity until it is understood by the team.
- Review user stories with the Product Owner and Account Owner with a strategic point of view.
- Capture and keep the business and data rules up-to-date.
- Ensure that where stories are blocked, these stories are prioritised to other iterations and new stories identified to replace them in the current iteration.
Test cases for system
- Work with users to develop acceptance criteria or test cases for the system.
- Produce acceptance tests from acceptance criteria.
- Provide regular feedback by testing the deliverables against a user story’s acceptance criteria.
- Provide regular feedback by validating that the product meets the business goals.
- Provide support and input into system testing activities including participating in the development of the testing approach, development of test cases as well as the creation of testing scenarios.
Collaborate with the team to deliver on backlog
- Wear different hats: designer, tester, facilitator, product owner, etc.
- Create a shared understanding of what the product is supposed to do.
- Collaborate with the rest of the business area to ensure that stories are delivered effectively, and quality standards are adhered to.
- Collaborate with developers, testers and user experience team to ensure that they are engaged ‘in the work’ to understand business context.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Are you this person?
- Knowledge of Agile
- Experience with requirements elicitation, gathering, documentation and management
- Understanding business needs and be able to analyse requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science?